Melissa J. Rupp, M.Ed.
Family and Consumer Sciences
Fulton County Family and Consumer Sciences offers a wide variety of services tailored to the needs of Fulton County residents to promote overall health and wellness.
Some examples of previous and current programming include:
- Live Healthy, Live Well Signature Program e-mail challenges
- Real Money, Real World Signature Program for youth
- Local Foods programming
- Lunch and Learns on the worksite with topics ranging from health and wellness to work productivity skills
- Personal budgeting classes
- 1st time Homebuyer’s Education
- Parenting Classes
- Workforce development training
The Family and Consumer Sciences professional is involved in a variety of partnerships including Fulton County Partners for Health, Children and Family First Council, Fulton County Wellness Committee, Fulton County Jobs and Family Services Advisory Board, Northwest Ohio Food Council, Ohio Homemakers and Community Education, and the Area 7 Workforce Investment Board.
Family and Consumer Sciences - Knowledge You Can't LIVE Without
How prepared are today’s youth for the future? Family and Consumer Sciences classes in the schools and/or the work OSU Extension does could be the answer. OSU Extension is an important solution for youth and families in our counties. View this video created by the Ohio Association of Family and Consumer Sciences demonstrating the knowledge that today's youth have about their future.