Ohio State University Extension-Fulton County will again be offering its Farm Management Series on Tuesday nights from 6:30-9:00 pm in February. The series targets “next generation,” new, and mid-career farmers who raise commodity grain and livestock. This year’s program will be focused on cost control, farm profitability and marketing. Each night will feature guest speakers and content relevant to today’s farm management. The series, which runs February 7, 14, 21 and 28 for two and half hours each night, is taught by a combination of Extension educators and state specialists and private sector individuals. Topics include:
- Making Your Enterprise Records Do More than the Tax Return
- Precision Balance Sheets – Why? How?
- How Do You Calculate Cost of Production
- Developing Your Farm’s Business Mission & Goals
- Diversifying Your Portfolio
- Crop Insurance Strategies
- Grain Market Analysis and Marketing Simulator
- Farm Legal Advice
- Grain Marketing Strategies
- Benchmarking, Wrap Up and Evaluation
The total cost for the series is $40 and includes materials and light refreshments. The farm management series will be held at the Robert Fulton Ag Center, 8770 State Route 108, Wauseon, Ohio 43567. The registration form can be downloaded by clicking here. Call 419-337-9210 or email email@example.com for more information.